Concatination Relation Fields allow you to concatinate to fields into one Relation Field. These fields can be from a related table or from the current table. You can save the value of concatination fields as well. You should be aware of a few potential issues with saving Concatinations, however.
Issues with saving Concatinations:
- Make sure that the value that you are saving has the same list length as the number of fields (and uses the same delimiter that you specified for output).
- Be aware that because of the way ColdFusion handles lists with multiple characters as delimiters that saving a concatination with a multi-character delimiter won't work (though you can still use that for output).
- type (required): "concat".
- fields (required): A comma-delimited list of fields that you want to concatenate.
- delimiter (optional): The character(s) used to concatenate the values of the fields (defaults to ",").
<relation type="concat" fields="FirstName,LastName" delimiter=" " />